POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another competition? : Re: Another competition? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:14:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another competition?
From: Mischa
Date: 3 May 2004 07:00:01
Message: <web.4096259d176e05b8920860d40@news.povray.org>
Paul Bourke <pdb### [at] swineduau> wrote:
> 1. Limited geometry. eg: Create a scene with no more than 10 objects from
>    the following list: sphere, cylinder, cone, box.
> 2. Special geometry. eg: Create a scene using only one high level primitive,
>    but as many of them as you like, for example: a supershape.
> 3. Create a 3D scene which when rendered from a particular position forms an
>    image that tiles the plane.

I'd like the first two.
The third one as was pointed out is 1) too easy (with a downloaded plugin)
and
too technical I believe.

But I like the idea with the tools, I've read here somewhere.

Two more ideas:

..) How about a contest where every contestant has to use a certain tool to
   model the main part of his picture?
..) One (more or less simple) photo/image is given and each contestant tries
   to reach the reference as close as possible only using PoV.
   (The difficulty of this contest will strongly be influenced by the
selected
   picture of course.)

ciao

Mischa